All customers governed by the Online End User License Agreement can use MaxMind products and services for Internal Restricted Business Purposes. Some of MaxMind’s services can be used for additional purposes as well. Learn more about how you can use data from GeoIP Web Services and minFraud Services under the Online End User License Agreement.
Some examples of Internal Restricted Business Purposes would be:
- geolocate visitors to your website in order to display localized content (different languages, nearby locations of your business’s storefronts, coupons for your business that are specific to a particular region, etc.)
- geolocate visitors to your website in order to block visitors from a particular region
- gather network and user context information about IP addresses that are used to visit your website so that you can analyze traffic and make business or security decisions based on that traffic
Some examples of things that you cannot do as part of an Internal Restricted Business Purpose would be:
- allowing public visitors to your website, or your customers or users, to geolocate IP addresses
- geolocating IP addresses for the purpose of serving relevant ads on behalf of your advertising clients
- allowing your users or customers to block traffic from particular regions
- using network data from GeoIP Databases to help build a fraud-detection system for your customers or users
If you aren’t sure whether your use case is an Internal Restricted Business Purpose, you should read the full definition in our Online End User License Agreement on our main website. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your use case if you want additional guidance about whether your use case is permitted under the Online End User License Agreement or if you need special licensing terms.
This page was last updated on .