There are several approaches to testing the web services:
- You can get a sense of the data that is returned in our GeoIP2 City Plus web service with the free demo located on our main website.
- You can buy service credit or request a free trial of GeoIP2 web services and test with the actual web service.
- You can sign up for the GeoLite2 web service, which is free, and uses the same integration methods as GeoIP2. Learn more about upgrading to GeoIP2 from GeoLite2.
Learn more about testing with GeoIP2 or GeoLite2 web services below.
If you are testing with the actual GeoIP2 or GeoLite2 web services, you can take the following approaches:
- Manual testing methods allow you to look up IPs quickly and with little or no programming.
- Integration testing of the web service will give you an experience of using the web services in production, and it requires more developer time and effort.
Manual testing methods
You can do a quick test of the GeoIP2 web services manually by looking up IP addresses through your account portal.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the IP lookup tools in the account portal, read our article on looking up IPs with GeoIP2 web services.
You can do a full test of the GeoIP2 web services by integrating using one of our client APIs, or our REST API. Read a quick-start technical integration guide on our developer's site.
Our API documentation includes comprehensive instructions with code examples. Your account ID number and license key, available through the account portal [direct link, login required], would be used to authenticate API requests. Learn more about license keys.
Our APIs handle sending a request and receiving back the response. Implementing the data we return in the query response would then be handled in your own custom integration code.
This page was last updated on .