minFraud Interactive: Manual Review Guide
The minFraud Transactions page(s) allows minFraud Score, Insights, and Factors customers to view minFraud results via a web interface. Users can also disposition (accept or reject), tag (report fraud, chargebacks, false positives, etc.), and export transactions.
Accessing minFraud Transactions
Accessing minFraud Transactions
To begin, access the minFraud Transactions page from your account portal under the ‘Services’ section in the left-hand navigation bar. If you don’t see this option, ensure that the minFraud Transactions page is enabled for your account [login required]:
Each transaction listed represents a minFraud query and its associated response. The default display shows up to 50 transactions from the last 30 days. You can expand the display up to 250 transactions by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page and clicking ‘Show 250 transactions’.
Search: you can search for a specific transaction or a set of transactions by inputting values in the search parameters section. Alternatively, you can click on an IP address, email address/email hash, or device ID in the table of transactions to search for transactions associated with the data element you select.
Filter: you can filter transactions by disposition, date, or fraud tag to view transactions that match the specific criteria you select.
Select: click on a transaction ID in the displayed table of transactions to bring up the transactions details page containing the minFraud service results.
View: The transaction details page provides you with both those data points provided with the minFraud query request (the minFraud service Inputs) as well as the data points provided by the minFraud query response (the minFraud service Outputs).
You may set up Custom Rules to automatically accept, reject, or mark a transaction for manual review.
To disposition transactions requiring manual review:
- Select only the Pending manual review search filter and click on Apply Filters.
- Click on the transaction ID associated with a transaction to display the transaction details associated with that transaction.
- Click on Accept to accept the transaction or Reject to reject it. You can also add a note, prior to saving the disposition setting. Note that, once you’ve accepted or rejected a transaction, you cannot change the disposition.
Reporting transactions can help us detect 10-50% more fraud for you and reduce false positives.
You can report a transaction from the main minFraud Transactions page by clicking ‘Report transaction’ in the second column of the results table.
Alternatively, you can report a transaction directly from the transaction details screen of an individual transaction by clicking on the Report transaction button located towards the top of the screen.
Choose from the following tag options:
- Chargeback – A chargeback is associated with this transaction.
- Not fraud – Use this tag for transactions later identified as false positives.
- Spam/abuse – For transactions linked to spam or abuse.
- Suspected fraud – For high risk transactions where the fraud has not yet been confirmed.
You can export transactions along with a subset of minFraud outputs to a CSV file. First, search/filter for the set of transactions you would like to export, then click the download file icon to retrieve the file.