- What is the difference between the Score, Insights and Factors minFraud services? Which one should I use?
- How can I make sure the minFraud service is as effective as possible for me?
- How effective is MaxMind in preventing different types of chargebacks?
- Can I use minFraud to assess risk for PayPal transactions?
- Can the minFraud service screen orders from every country?
- Can you identify whether the person placing the order lives at the given address (or uses the given credit card or phone number)?
- Does MaxMind provide an address verification service?
- Does MaxMind support IPv6 addresses?
- What is the minFraud riskScore distribution across all users?
- How should I use minFraud Insights and Factors outputs when assessing risk?
- Can I create an allow / block list?
- How can I exclude an IP address/network from being used for risk scoring?
- What are velocity checks?
- What is the difference between the proxyScore and the IP risk score?
- Is the minFraud service PCI compliant?
minFraud is a transaction risk API for assessing the likelihood of fraud in online transactions. minFraud assessing the risk associated with an IP, email, credit card, device, and physical address to return a risk score and risk data that can be used to automate transaction approval/denial and provide resources for your fraud prevention team.
Our comprehensive guide to getting set up with the minFraud service so that you can get the most value out of our risk scoring.
Learn how the riskScore and IP Risk Score are calibrated and how to set thresholds for review and automated transaction screening.
Download a PDF of our Data Dictionary, which gives information on how to interpret the risk data packaged with minFraud Insights.
Download a PDF of our guide to the subscores that come packaged with minFraud Factors. You must login to download.
Run minFraud queries for testing, search and display recent transactions for manual review and analysis, and set up custom rules for automated transaction screening.
Explore these featured service integrations that make connecting minFraud to your online storefront a snap.
Explore more about specifications, integration, and troubleshooting:
- Specifications and Implementation
- Reporting Transactions
- Testing and Troubleshooting
- Account and Licensing
- How can I test the minFraud service without integrating with an API?
- How can I identify proxies and other anonymous IP addresses?
- What is the Device Tracking Add-on?
- Can I use minFraud to score a transaction where the IP address is not available or not relevant?
- Can I customize the algorithm used to generate the riskScore returned by the minFraud service?
- What is a minFraud Alert? What should I do with it?
- How can I troubleshoot service timeout errors?
- I use a plugin to integrate minFraud with my site. Can MaxMind provide support for my plugin?
For developer documentation, please visit our developer website.
Don’t see your question here? Contact us.