In order for your application to be approved for the Affiliate Program, it must meet some minimal technical requirements. All applications for the Affiliate Program must:
- have adequate documentation or support
- integrate all the major features of the services or databases in question:
Providing adequate documentation
All applications for the Affiliate Program should provide documentation that clearly defines:
- what kind of issues the user should address to the application developers (you, the affiliate),
- what kind of issues the user should address to MaxMind
In addition, the documentation should make it clear how the application user can get support, linking them to documentation or a contact form on your website for problems or feature requests for the plugin, and linking them to our documentation and support teams for problems or feature requests for the data.
As you develop your application, MaxMind can work with you to develop documentation and resources.
Major features of the minFraud services
Any application built to use minFraud services with the Affiliate Program must have the following features:
- The ability for users to select which tier of the minFraud service they would like to use, selecting between minFraud Score, Insights, and Factors. Learn more about the differences between the different tiers of the minFraud services.
- The ability for users to report transactions. Learn more about reporting transactions in minFraud.
- Device tracking, where technically feasible and appropriate to the use case. Learn more about device tracking in minFraud.
Major features of the GeoIP web services
Any application built to use the GeoIP web services must include the ability for users to select which tier of the GeoIP web services they would like to use, where it is appropriate to the use case.
For example, if the use case of the application is exclusively IP geolocation, then the user should be able to select between GeoIP Country web service and GeoIP City Plus web service. If the use case is for analytics related to website visitors, users should be allowed to choose between GeoIP Country, City Plus, or Insights web services.
If you need help determining the service tiers that are appropriate to your use case, we can help.
Learn more about the different tiers of the GeoIP web services.
Major features of the GeoIP databases
Any application built to use minFraud services with the Affiliate Program must have the ability for users to schedule automatic updates of the GeoIP databases they have subscribed to. Learn more about automatic updates for GeoIP databases.
This page was last updated on .