Getting Started with the minFraud Service
If you are a minFraud service trial user, you may do manual testing of the service without fully integrating by using our minFraud query form.
Integration and Setup
- Make sure you have an active license key [login required].
- Ensure you are using the appropriate API for your environment, and connecting to the correct URI for the service you are using.
- If you are testing the minFraud service and not using actual live transactions or are submitting many requests with the same IP address, you may want to disable velocity checks.
- Implement our device tracking add-on to benefit from more accurate scoring, and to receive device-related outputs (for minFraud Insights and Factors users).
- Set up an email address and/or webhook [login required] to receive minFraud alerts, so we can notify you of new information about transaction risk after a transaction was initially scored.
- If you are sending MD5 hashed emails and you are not using one of our client APIs, ensure that you are normalizing the email addresses prior hashing.
- Set up a transaction reporting to report fraud, suspected fraud, spam/abuse, and false positives. Reporting transactions helps us detect 10-50% more fraud for you. The available options are:
Using the minFraud Services
Read our FAQ’s relating to use of the minFraud services:
- How can I make sure the minFraud service is as effective as possible for me?
- What is the riskScore?
- At what riskScore thresholds should I accept, reject, or manually review orders?
- How should I use minFraud Insights and Factors outputs when assessing risk?
To ensure that you are using the minFraud tier that provides you with the most value, please see the following data sheets that compare our various services:
minFraud Interactive, Custom Rules, and Dispositioning
We provide a set of case management tools to help you perform manual review and create custom rules. The minFraud query form, minFraud Transactions, custom rules, and custom inputs interfaces are accessible via your account portal [login required].
minFraud Interactive: minFraud Query Form
minFraud Interactive: Manual Review
Using Custom Rules
Using Custom Inputs
If you set transactions to accept, reject, or manual review (“disposition”) within minFraud Interactive, or through custom rules, and wish to pull the transaction dispositions to your systems, you may use our Dispositions API.
How to Get Help
Our support team is happy to help with any questions you may have. We are also happy to work with you on any issues or feedback you have with our riskScore. Contact us here or through online chat on our website. Please also refer to our support center FAQs.