- How often are the GeoIP2 and GeoLite2 databases updated?
- How often should I update my GeoIP2, GeoIP Legacy, or GeoLite2 database files?
- Is there a limit to how often I can download a database from my MaxMind account?
- How are GeoIP database updates provided? Can I automate updates?
- How can I check the latest release date for a GeoIP database?
- How can I troubleshoot errors received when running geoipupdate?
- Are GeoIP database updates provided as complete databases or as deltas?
- Can I purchase database updates annually online? I don’t want a subscription.
- What is GeoIP2 Precision data?
- What is GeoIP Legacy and how does it differ from GeoIP2?
- Should I choose the GeoIP2 Precision service or GeoIP2 database?
- How can I test the GeoIP2 Precision service without integrating with an API?
- How can I prevent my service credit from being used up at a faster than expected rate?
- Do you cache or log my GeoIP2 Precision service query response data?
- Does 1 query = 1 visitor to my site?
- Will I get a warning if I am running out of queries?
- Are funds consumed for GeoIP2 Precision queries that return an error?
- How can I identify proxies and other anonymous IP addresses?
- What are Cellular and Wi-Fi connections, and how do I identify them?
- How can I map GeoIP Legacy’s FIPS 10-4 region codes to GeoIP2’s ISO 3166-2 subdivision codes?
- Why can’t I find a particular IP address in your GeoIP2 CSV database?
- What is the difference between the ISP and Organization outputs?
- Why should I use GeoIP2 instead of GeoIP Legacy?
- I’m a new customer, but I still need the old GeoIP Legacy .dat format for my integration method. What can I do?
- Why am I seeing different geolocation data from another provider?
- What languages does GeoIP2 support?
- How do I display the city name returned by the GeoIP database in the user’s native language?
- How can I determine the timezone of a website visitor?
- How can I redirect my website traffic to location-specific pages? How will this influence search engine rankings?
- How can I determine the preferred language of the website visitor?
- How do I determine the IP address of a visitor who is behind a proxy?
- Can I set up a website where my clients can enter an IP address and get GeoIP2 information back?
- I would like to use a GeoIP2 or GeoIP Legacy database on xyz.com, xyz.ca, and xyz.biz. Do I need more than one site license?
- We are a hosting provider and have a license to one of your GeoIP2 or GeoIP Legacy databases. Can we install it on the different servers that we provide to our hosting clients?
For developer documentation, please visit our developer website.
Don’t see your question here? Contact us.